Raising Funds For Your Restaurant or Foodtruck?
Foodstart is a community-funding platform designed just for food trucks and independent restaurants. Through us, your friends, family, customers - anyone - can use their Amazon.com account to back your business in small increments (i.e. $50 or $1,000).
In exchange for their capital, backers receive great perks and rewards like food discounts, free dessert, cool swag, menu items named after them, behind-the-scenes tours - whatever you choose!
Reward Your Backers with Dessert, not Cash
Try getting Bank of America to do that!
Social-Media Marketing Program - Free!
We'll buy online ads, print custom-designed fliers, provide campaign consultations, and suggest Twitter and Facebook updates. We'll even draft and distribute press releases.
Our social-media marketing team will provide a turnkey program. As you can see, Foodstart really wants your campaign to be successful!
- Campaign Review: Foodstart's team will review your campaign and business profile and suggest simple changes to increase your chances for success. (Cost: Free.)
- Training Session: We will also spend one hour with you on the phone (or via email) to bring you up to speed on the best-practices of effective social media marketing on Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Pinterest and others if you are not already familiar with them. (Cost: Free.)
- Community Jumpstart Announcement: We have already identified thousands of people across the United states who we believe are likely to back new food-and-beverage concepts. Let us know if you would like us to send them an announcement to jumpstart your campaign! (Cost: Free.)
- Facebook & Twitter: We will set up these accounts (if needed) and provide custom suggestions for your first ten updates and tweets. (Cost: Free.)
- Personal Contacts Announcement: We will draft an email announcement about your campaign that you can send to your existing email, Facebook, Linked In contacts etc.. (Cost: Free.)
- Online Ad Campaign: Foodstart has advertising arrangements with a number of local media outlets. To help your campaign get off the ground, we will create and pay for a small media campaign to announce your campaign. (Cost: Free.)
- Press Releases: Our team will draft a press release (for your review) for online and offline outlets in your local media market. We will even distribute the release as well. (Cost: Free.)
- Campaign Fliers: Our graphics department will design and print small fliers describing your funding campaign. You can then make these available on tables or at the register or distribute around town. (Cost: Free.)
Seed Match - Free!
Foodstart will seed your business with $500 - just raise at least $5k from at least 20 different people.
Physical Backer Cards - Free!
Foodstart will send every backer a card they can use to redeem rewards.
We charge just 5% plus we pass along a 2.9% credit card processing fee - the lowest in community-funded finance!
Simple Threshold Requirements
For existing businesses... when your campaign deadline ends, we will send you a check, less our fees, for whatever funds have been raised - even if you haven't made your funding goal. (more info)
For new businesses... we require that the campaign's funding goal be reached before releasing funds.(more info)
For existing businesses we waive our funding threshold requirement because backers still will be able to receive perks from your existing operation.
In other words, if you're trying to raise $5,000 but only raise $4,999 you will still receive your capital. This is the opposite of some other platforms which return all funds for existing businesses, even if a campaign is just a dollar short of its goal!
We require a funding threshold be met for new business in order to protect backers who need confidence the project will get off the ground and that they will have a way to redeem their perks and rewards. The solution: make sure you set a reasonable goal.
Familiar Payment Platform
Backers support your business using their Paypal account - free if they don't already have one.
How It Works Video
Examples Of Current Projects
No Projects available